Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Novi, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
Our Finance and Accounting Team is looking for a Staff Accountant! This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting and month end close activities. This role is key to providing accurate and timely financial information used to support both internal decision making and external constituents. The ideal candidate will have foundational Accounting knowledge, the ability and willingness to engage in complex analysis, and aspirations to further develop a career in Accounting.
As a Staff Accountant you will get to:
- Perform month-end and year-end accounting close procedures and journal entries
- Support day-to-day accounting operations in the following areas: accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, cash management, bank reconciliations, corporate cards, and expense reporting
- Support long-term accounting projects that will help enhance efficiencies as we grow our business
- Assist in annual audits, taxes, and other aspects of compliance
- Ad hoc analysis/cross-functional projects
Your experience should include:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting with 2+ years of relevant experience
- Strong Excel and data management skills (e.g., pivot tables, V-lookups, index/match functions)
- Eager to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Well organized, able to communicate effectively cross-functionally as well as within our team
- Experience with NetSuite ERP or other cloud based accounting software
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was recently listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. All of our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a $500 quarterly stipend for development, a $500 stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- USDP Stablecoin Chosen for Facebook's Pilot of Novi Digital Wallet
- Forbes Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 50
- Paxos Supports Interactive Brokers' Journey into Crypto Markets
- CB Insights Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 250 for Crypto Category
- Paxos Supports Flourish Crypto
- Paxos National Trust Receives OCC Conditional Approval for De Novo Charter
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.