WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join our growing Finance team. The Staff Accountant will assist the GL team to ensure the accurate and timely closing of the monthly books, assist with the annual audits, and ensure compliance with policies and procedures. This role will report directly to the Accounting Manager and have exposure to the Director, Assistant Controller and the VP of Finance, Controller.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Play an essential role in the month-end and quarter-end close processes, including preparing journal entries and supporting reconciliations
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Maintain account balances including reconciling, researching and resolving all discrepancies
- Focus on balance sheet asset accounts, including but not limited to fixed assets and prepaids
- Work with the Accounts Payable team to ensure accurate coding of expenses
- Coordinate with other departments to obtain transaction information, research reconciling items, and resolve issues
- Assist with external audit requests, including preparation & review of schedules as assigned
- Aid in the optimization of existing platforms, including NetSuite and other new and existing platforms
- Prepare documentation on financial processes and policies
WHO YOU ARE
- 2- 3 years of relevant accounting experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Highly organized and results-oriented and works with a sense of urgency
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Highly self-motivated, detailed oriented, flexible team player that is also able to operate independently
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Proven proficiency of Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Experience with Netsuite and Floqast a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office, including snacks and beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.