The Accounting Team is responsible for preparing accurate financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS and working cross-functionally with teams to manage financial risks. We work in a fast-paced environment with complex customer contracts that often employ multi-element pricing. In order to scale with the growth of the company, we are constantly building new processes and improving existing ones. As a member of this team, the senior accountant will work closely with the revenue managers, other members of the Finance team, as well as cross-functionally to ensure Flatiron’s revenue recognition policies and procedures are in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS. In addition, this person should be familiar with billing and collection practices.
- You will be responsible for reviewing customer contracts for revenue recognition and ensure proper multi-element revenue recognition in accordance with GAAP, primarily FASB ASC 606. This includes creating billing and revenue recognition schedules at the inception of the contract and continually maintaining revenue recognition, deferred revenue, unbilled accounts receivables and sales commission related accounts.
- You will research and analyze revenue recognition issues as necessary.
- You will work on the month-end close for revenue accounts in Netsuite, Flatiron’s ERP system, including preparing journal entries, analyses, account reconciliations and rollforwards, as well as assist with on-going enhancements to our close process.
- You will collaborate with cross functional teams (sales operations, FP&A, business development, legal, account management, sales, support) to improve existing processes and support business needs.
- You will work closely with external auditors to support our annual financial statement audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 1+ years of experience in Big Four or national public accounting firms OR 2+ years of combined experience in public accounting and industry, preferably with a software/SaaS company
- Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to think creatively, solution unexpected issues and work independently to meet deadlines
- Experience in the application of ASC 605-25 and the new Revenue Standard codified in ASC 606 and knowledge related to software/SaaS revenue recognition is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills
- Belief in Flatiron’s Core Values
- CPA or on-track to be CPA
- Experience with Netsuite ERP and Salesforce
- Passionate about healthcare and fighting cancer.