Transfix is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $700 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Come leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
Transfix was named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Company" in 2018.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau. The company has raised more than $78.5 million in funding.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
As a Staff Accountant, you'll support our Assistant Controller with accounting and finance responsibilities.
If you are excited about tackling challenges to improve the lives of truckers and shippers across the country and reinventing an industry from the inside out, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Direct the Company’s day-to-day accounting including maintenance of the general ledger, chart of
accounts and journal entries
- Support month-end close process and financial statement review, including variance analyses for all
areas of the financial statements, closely partner with cross-functional teams
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations, and maintain all relevant supporting
schedules in audit-ready fashion
- Support Assistant Controller in implementing best practices and procedures around the internal
control framework and accounting policies
- Collaborate with Product & Technology departments to design and automate manual accounting
- Process semi-monthly payroll and coordinate with the People team
- Be the point person in preparing and gathering documents requested by our auditors relating to the
- Manage and oversee tax accounting and compliance obligations
- Administer the Expensify expense reimbursement platform and process all out of pocket reports
while ensuring compliance with internal corporate policies
- Assist in Ad Hoc projects that match your interests and may include:
Better integration with our GL system NetSuite
Financial Statement analytics
Drafting accounting memos
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA a plus
- 1-2 years of audit experience at Big 4
- Advanced excel skills and experience working with ERP solutions (QuickBooks, NetSuite, Looker, Bill.com, Zendesk, Namely)
- Motivated, self-starter who enjoys working in a team-oriented fast-paced environment
- Outstanding attention to details coupled with an ability to see the bigger picture
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.