About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $1.7 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, we have raised $210M from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 8 million strong customer base who share the experience of renting as being empowering and smart.
Our 1000+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built - proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
We are looking for a hardworking, highly motivated Staff Accountant to join our growing Finance team. The Staff Accountant will play a key role in the day-to-day operations of the Accounting group reporting directly to the Accounting Manager. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a fast-paced, extremely successful, high energy company.
- Support the month end close by preparing ongoing journal entries and accruals for revenue, expense and balance sheet accounts
- Maintain weekly and monthly schedules performing reconciliations of balance sheet accounts including but not limited to fixed assets, prepaid expenses, other assets, accounts receivable and deferred liabilities
- Investigate reporting discrepancies / anomalies and communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner
- Review invoices, expense reports, and capital expenditures as needed to ensure proper coding and accounting treatment by Accounts Payable
- Assist in the preparation of support for the year-end financial statement audit, as well as any statutory audits that may arise
- Support the planning and budgeting team during the planning and budgeting processes by compiling ad-hoc reports and schedules
- Be a key collaborator for any company-wide system implementations
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 2+ years of relevant accounting experience in either public accounting and/or relevant private industry experience
- CPA license preferred
- Must be a highly organized detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Exceptional Excel skills - must be comfortable with analyzing and manipulating large data sets
- Ability to execute and follow-through on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Experience with a major ERP system preferred
- Strong work ethic and a can-do positive attitude is a must
- Able and willing to communicate effectively with various internal and external partners at various levels