About the Role
SecurityScorecard’s Finance and Accounting team is a critical part of our organization, providing financial reporting data that informs important business decisions. The Staff Accountant will collaborate with the Accounting team to deliver against tasks essential to day to day operations, as well as contribute to larger projects and initiatives.
As a Staff Accountant, you will be collaborate inside and outside the organization, partnering with FP&A and external auditors. This role will provide a 360-degree experience in private accounting, including involvement in the financial statement close process, accounting policy, GAAP reporting, taxes, and revenue.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a strong track record of performance who thrives in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. You have the confidence to speak up, bring both problems and potential solutions to individual/team discussions, suggest improvements to processes based on prior experience/knowledge, and demonstrate complete ownership of your work product. You think big but appreciate the importance of details, and you embrace challenging work.
- Accounts Payable: Process vendor invoices, including coding to proper GL account, department, and time period.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to all internal vendor-related inquiries.
- Travel & Expense: Review employee expense reports for correct coding and compliance with T&E policy.
- Provide guidance and instruction to employees regarding T&E expense matters.
- Accounts Receivable: Communicate with customers as well as employees regarding collections in the Accounts Receivable process.
- Assist with the month end close process & year end audit.
- Other ad-hoc projects
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a related field
- A minimum of 1-2 years of accounting experience in an accounting firm or in house
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts and GAAP
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities effectively & meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Basic functions, pivot tables, Vlookup, sumif)
- Communication across all levels and audiences; tactful
- Technically apt; ability to learn and navigate new systems and tools
- Organized and attentive to details
- Intellectually curious; motivated to learn and apply learnings in real time
At SecurityScorecard, we are revolutionizing the cyber security industry, and we want YOU to be part of the change! Our platform has created a new category of enterprise software, which companies worldwide rely on to manage the cyber security posture of their vendors. We are proud to be backed by Sequoia and Google Ventures.