We are looking for a Staff Accountant to help manage and support our Finance and Accounting department. The ideal candidate will have experience working within both SaaS and Retail business models, have excellent business sense and acumen, and will be a natural numbers wizard.
- Assist in month-end close process for Cash, Property Plant & Equipment, and other assigned General Ledger accounts, as necessary
- Perform monthly Bank Reconciliations for Cash and Investment accounts
- Book monthly journal entries and prepare related account reconciliations
- Assist with analyzing financial results on a monthly basis and report on variances versus plan and prior forecast
- Assist in the calculation, presentation and communication of company wide KPI’s
- Assist with external audit requests
- Actively maintain and review designated General Ledger accounts and activity
- Support business process by partnering with other departments, including FP&A, AP, and Treasury
- Consistently evaluate areas for process improvement
- Partake in ad hoc team projects and analysis, as assigned
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA highly preferred
- In depth knowledge of Accounting theory and application of U.S. GAAP
- 1+ year(s) of general Accounting experience; Big Four experience highly preferred
- Experience with financial reporting and financial statement preparation; SEC experience a plus
- Experience in technology, retail and/or e-commerce preferred
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and an ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet pressing deadlines
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Tech savvy and MS Excel super user
- Experience working with various systems (NetSuite, Concur, Coupa, Kyriba) a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.