Greater NYC Area
DailyPay, a New York based technology company, is rapidly accelerating in its mission to help America’s Workforce take control of their financial lives. We are the pioneers in providing employees real-time access to earned wages daily, across all industries, so employees can pay bills on time and avoid late fees and payday loans. Our enterprise and midcap partners, including Berkshire Hathaway, Boston Market, Vera Bradley, Adecco, and Burger King, have reported that DailyPay has improved employee engagement, satisfaction and retention. DailyPay has been recognized for its innovative solutions, including HR Tech’s “Top 10 HRMS Solutions”, PACE's “Best in Show Award”, CreditDonkey’s “Best Finance Technology” and more recently, BuiltInNYC's “50 NYC Startups to Watch”. DailyPay is backed by leading venture capital firms and world-class strategic investors to light the path to financial security of employees throughout the United States.
We are seeking a staff accountant to join our growing organization. In this position, you will work in accounting operations within the company, and owning the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes. Working with professionals throughout the organization this position is collaborative and fast-paced. This position will be reporting to the Controller.
- Manage accounts payable and collaborate with operations on the accounts receivable processes
- Assist in month-end and year-end close processes, meeting required deadlines
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for multiple entities
- Maintain account balances including reconciling, researching and resolving all discrepancies
- Manage the monthly expense report process including reconciling and reviewing expense reports for compliance with Company policy
- Maintain company accounting procedures and internal processes
- Perform other accounting/administrative functions as necessary as well as special projects as assigned
Core Competencies & Accomplishments
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 1-3 years of previous experience in accounting
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Excel skills
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and operate independently
- Proficiency or experience with NetSuite ERP or other cloud based accounting software
- Experience with Expensify or other cloud based employee expense reimbursement software
- Strong project management skills
At DailyPay, our mission is to offer people their first steps toward financial security. DailyPay partners with companies to offer employees the ability to control when they get paid. Not only does this solution empower financial wellness, but for the company, DailyPay acts as a tool to recruit, retain, and engage their workforce.
This is an opportunity to join a Series c funded financial technology company that is making an incredible impact in the market. It is an exciting time to join our growing team, where we are always learning and expanding our skill sets at an accelerated pace. We are a high performing, collaborative and ambitious team that is excited to make a big impact (in business and in the community).
DailyPay is dedicated to providing the environment, resources, and culture to empower and accelerate our employees professional growth and development. We believe that we are only as good as our people, so we invest in every opportunity to empower our workforce to succeed.
Full List of Benefits
Great health vision, and dental care
Our compensation is competitive
Support in professional and career development
Monthly happy hours and fun team and company outings
Unlimited books from Amazon
Read Full Job Description