Staff Accountant at Vimeo
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join our Accounting team. As a Staff Accountant, you will report to the Manager of Accounting and be responsible for general accounting duties involving journal entry development and input, balance sheet account reconciliations, financial statement analysis and a variety of special projects assigned by management.
What you’ll do:
- Ownership of the month-end close process; including journal entry preparation, reconciliations and financial statement analysis
- Load monthly foreign currency exchange rates & perform currency translation; work closely with IAC (parent company) accounting team to obtain and manage rates
- Book ad-hoc journal entries to fix combination errors and move them to correct accounts
- Assist finance team (Controller and CFO) in explaining actuals to forecast differences
- Gather and provide supporting documentation for Internal and External audit requests
- Work with the Marketing and other teams to enhance our accruals and prepaid accounting schedules
- Quarterly preparation of assigned SEC schedules
- Other ad hoc assignments as required
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years prior accounting experience with demonstrated experience with general ledger accounting, monthly financial close and account reconciliations
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work and research/resolve issues independently
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple conflicting priorities
- Advanced Excel skills
- Prior experience with Oracle, a plus
- Prior experience with Hyperion Financial Management, a plus
- Prior experience with Vena Close Management, a plus
- CPA a plus, but not required
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.