Staff Accountant at Stash
Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join our growing finance team. This hire will report to our Accounting Manager and will work on a variety of tasks including month-end close, accounts payable, and other ad hoc analyses. If you're comfortable in a team environment collaborating cross-functionally and are excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment -- Stash is looking for you!What you'll do:
- Own the preparation of part of the month-end close including journal entries, and preparation of financial statements
- Find efficiencies in accounting processes and help build out the department
- Support the accounts payable function
- Assist in yearly audits with our external auditors
- Sporadic technical accounting involving GAAP/ASC research
- Ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
- 1-3 years experience with a preferable mix of public accounting and corporate experience
- B.S in Accounting
- CPA or CPA eligible (will work under a CPA if work experience is required)
- Proficient in Excel (V-Lookups, Sum-if, Pivot-Tables)
- Netsuite experience a plus
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens and catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 Most Innovative Fintech Companies (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to Work (2019)
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies to Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.