Staff Accountant at Flatiron Health
We're looking for a Staff Accountant to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
In this role, you’ll work with the Finance team which is responsible for preparing accurate financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and working with cross functional teams to manage financial risks and make our goals achievable. We work in a fast-paced environment with complex accounting challenges. In order to meet these challenges, we are constantly building new processes and improving existing ones. As a member of this team, the Staff Accountant will work closely with the Senior Accountants and Accounting Manager to manage the general ledger function, including the monthly financial close, consolidation and reporting, account reconciliation, interpretation and implementation of relevant accounting guidance, internal control environment, and process improvement.What You'll Do
- Execution of monthly financial close processes, including preparing journal entries and related account analyses
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations for various areas including cash, accounts payable, and expense accruals
- Support the T&E expense report review and approval process to ensure employee submissions are in accordance with the Company’s T&E policy, including all communications for report rejections and expense inquiries
- Assist in the development and implementation of internal processes and controls
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reporting packages
- Assist in the on-boarding and maintenance of vendor information in Coupa and overall procurement operations
- Other responsibilities include ad hoc analysis, special projects and systems enhancements as assigned
You're an accountant with 2+ years of experience doing monthly close procedures and accounting operations. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- You have at least 2+ years of experience in public or private accounting
- You have experience with month-end close and the GL function
- You are a detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- You have excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills
- You have a desire to learn and develop your skill set to take on more responsibility
- You have previous Netsuite experience
- You have previous Concur expense reporting experience
- You are a CPA or CPA in process
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.