Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, Primary Venture Partners and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses.. Through a chat interface, personalized service and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented Staff Accountant to join Electric. In this position, you will handle all accounting operations within the company, and verify financial records and transactions. You must have keen attention to detail and maintain account balances, financial statements, general ledger, and all reports.
- Serve as subject matter expert on expenses and AP Automation systems while building and implementing internal controls ensuring GAAP compliance and accuracy of reporting
- Own the accounts payable process (Procure to Pay) end to end and assist in implementation of new systems
- Responsible for overseeing the management of the Quote to cash process and providing finance verification to ensure proper treatment of customer contracts and adherence to ASC 606
- Work in partnership with the senior accountant on the accounts receivable process
- Responsible for the month-end close process and financial statement review, including variance analysis for financial statements and budget vs actual review
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations as necessary
- Collaborate with other teams in the company to develop and enhance operational processes
- Work with external auditors for year-end financial statement audits
- Develop and document business processes and recommend accounting policies to create, maintain & strengthen internal controls while ensuring GAAP compliance
- Help develop dashboards to track business performance, identify cost savings for the business, and act as a strategic partner to functional leaders
- Participate in process improvement projects to increase efficiencies and enhance the internal controls over accounting processes and systems
- Support leadership in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- 1-2 years of public accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Independent self-starter able to work independently and with a team
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Extremely detail oriented and proficient in time management
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- CPA / candidates on CPA track (Nice to have)
- Tech industry or startup experience (Nice to have)
- Proficiency with accounting software and experience with ERP implementations (Nice to have)