Staff Accountant at Casper
Casper is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our growing finance team in our New York City HQ. This person will report into the Accounting Manager and will work closely with Casper’s internal management team.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do...
- Month-end close
- Prepare journal entries for cash, prepaids, intangibles, fixed assets, accounts payables and accruals
- Prepare balance sheet analyses and reconciliations to support amounts
- Determine appropriate accruals for current period reporting
- Run system processes for purchase orders
- Reconcile ERP sub-ledgers to the General Ledger
- Coordinate with other departments including around the month-end close process
- Coordinate with the A/P manager on invoice coding, T&E processing, and month-end close processes
- Participate in the compilation of information for the company’s financial statements and SEC filings.
- Support annual financial statement audit process
- Adhoc projects as assigned by the Accounting Manager or Assistant Controller
- BA/BS in accounting or finance
- 3-4 years of accounting experience
- Team player possessing a strong work ethic and drive for results
- Willingness to extend themselves and assist other people
- Understanding of financial controls
- Experience and competency working with Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment