Staff Accountant at Tipico
Tipico is an energetic, passionate, bold tech company, and we love sports! Tipico has recently expanded to the US market, establishing our headquarters in Hoboken, New Jersey. We are driven by our core values: passion, progress and trust. Our goal is to build the best possible mobile sports betting product in the industry, in order to amplify the emotions of millions of sports fans every day. LETS MAKE THIS INTERESTING!Job Description
Are you an organized person with a passion for numbers and accounting? Do you enjoy recording, analyzing and managing financial accounts? Are you reliable, excellent at math, guru in excel and able to communicate effectively to various departments?
If so, you are the at the right place! We are looking for someone who will help our growing organization fulfill its accounting needs. A person who wants to develop their role at our company and make it their own in the sports betting industry. We want innovators, we want doers!
The Staff Accountant will report directly to the Finance Manager and work together with the rest of the management team, tech team and business operations.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for invoice recording, payment processing, and AP reconciliation for Tipico USA.
- Performing mid-level general ledger account reconciliations, verifying accuracy of data, and reporting, identifying, and correcting errors made by both internal and external personnel.
- Supporting timely monthly, quarterly, half-year, and year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of all operational management accounts.
- Ensuring bills are recorded and paid in a timely and accurate manner, processing all due invoices for payments, and processing transactions.
- Handling all vendor correspondence via email and phone.
- Investigating and resolving problems associated with processing of invoices
- 2-4 years of accounting experience.
- Knowledgeable about accounts payable and the process of maintaining general ledgers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented.
- Exhibits strong regard for organizing and prioritizing, as well as an ability to meet deadlines.
- Dynamics 365/Navision experience a plus!
- Ability to multitask and in possession of sound problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- You are a self-starter, who has a high degree of motivation to work in a fast-paced environment.
What's in it for you:
- Work in an environment where you, your work and ideas matter and have an impact.
- You will be a be part of the first in the new and upcoming USA online sports betting market.
- Work in a new and young business with high potential and growth.
- Build your own success story together with us.
- Start-up feeling, backed-up by the group a leading European sports betting house, this is a high-volume business and working.
- Self-organized, self-responsible and entrepreneurial employees.
- Medical, Vision, Dental Benefits.