Hyperscience is a technology company blazing a new path in enterprise automation with a reimagined approach to building and powering processes. The Hyperscience Platform is the world's first Software-Defined, Input-to-Outcome Automation platform used by top public companies and government organizations around the world to build and run mission-critical processes with ease and speed.
Hyperscience helps enterprises quickly build and roll out new business processes with built-in automations, reduce manual errors, increase high- and low-skilled employee productivity, and eliminate the need for costly transformation. Hyperscience’s Intelligent Document Processing solution has been implemented at some of the world's leading financial services, insurance, healthcare and government organizations, including TD Ameritrade, QBE Insurance Group Limited and Voya Financial, helping them lower costs, reduce error rates by 67% and increase employee capacity by 10x.
Since its founding in 2014, Hyperscience has grown to more than 250 employees with offices in New York City, Sofia, Bulgaria, and London, UK, and has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work, with a collaborative and innovative culture and best-in-class benefits.
The Finance team at Hyperscience is responsible for supporting the strategic growth of the company in an ever changing environment and for enhancing the company's accounting, financial and analytical operations. Finance team members are responsible for all day-to-day accounting and FP&A activities, ensuring optimal reporting, governance, analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and strategic decision making.
We are growing rapidly and in this role, the Staff Accountant will help lead efforts to build upon and scale our accounting processes for our US operations.
The role will report directly to our Accounting Manager. This role requires robust knowledge of the close processes, strong understanding of GAAP and financial reporting processes, and extremely strong attention to detail. Hyperscience is looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment that is looking to grow and further develop their career.
- Support timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of all general ledger accounts
- Record and maintain revenue recognition schedules in compliance with ASC 606, including accrued and deferred revenue
- Propose and implement processes improvements around recurring monthly/quarterly/annual financial workflows
- Work with international accounting team to maintain documentation of internal controls, policies, and procedures related to financial reporting and compliance
- Help review and analyze the monthly financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Assist with monthly/quarterly/annual balance sheet and P&L flux analyses
- Reconcile intercompany transactions and balances
- Help with the transition to more sophisticated accounting software (e.g. Salesforce Billing/CPQ and Netsuite)
- Assist in annual audits, financial due diligence, tax filings, and compliance documentation
- Help with ad hoc projects across all aspects of the accounting function
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-2 years in a public accounting firm or 3-4 years of relevant experience in corporate accounting
- SaaS/Technology start-up experience extremely beneficial
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and G Suite; experience working with NetSuite, Quickbooks, Salesforce Billing and CPQ, Bill.com, Expensify preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP and financial reporting
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Strong communication, organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- High level of quality awareness, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Sense of urgency and customer-oriented mindset
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and incredibly fun work environment
- Unwavering commitment to integrity and confidentiality
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Stock Options
- Wellness stipend
- Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits
- 6-month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A dependent care stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child, under the age of 21 for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- $1,000 one-time-use WFH stipend and $75 monthly WFH stipend
- Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.