Of the several thousand known diseases that affect humans, only ~500 have treatments; few have cures.Despite advances that have made the discovery of new drug candidates faster than ever, thousands of potential treatments remain "on the shelf," untested, because of the enormous bottleneck of putting them through clinical trials. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs over $1B -- and over time, the problem has only gotten worse. As a result, only a select few treatments ever get a shot at reaching patients who need them. To make matters worse, the high cost of clinical trials often results in high drug prices for patients.TrialSpark is a new healthcare company on a mission to bring treatments to patients faster and more efficiently by reimagining clinical trials.Join us in changing the way physicians, researchers, and patients work together to advance medical research.
We are looking for a driven and organized staff or senior accountant who is driven by a fast-paced environment. The person who excels in this role will quickly learn how things are currently done, take full ownership of those processes, and suggest and implement improvements. This person should be ready to roll up their sleeves and get into the details. This role is critical in enhancing the efficiency and structure of TrialSpark’s financial reporting.
- Contribute to the monthly close and handle complex components of the process in partnership with other team members to complete the monthly close
- Process vendor payments, employee expense reimbursements, and study-related payments
- Send, collect and track customer invoices
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with financial system implementation, integrations, and improvements
- Performing regular flux analysis to deliver key insights to the team and key stakeholders
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other departments
- Collaborate with FP&A to deliver insights from actuals and how they impact future results
- Support technical accounting requests as needed. This may include stock compensation, revenue recognition under ASC 606, taxes
- Assist in external financial audit with timely and accurate PBC requests and supporting schedules
- Respond to ad hoc financial requests
- Detail oriented
- Ownership mentality
- Willingness to go above and beyond expectations and assist other team members
- 2-4 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance/related field
- GAAP Proficient
- CPA Preferred but not required
- Experience in public accounting and/or in-house Finance/Accounting department
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of NetSuite, Bill.com, Expensify
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.