Staff Tax Accountant at Outbrain
Outbrain is looking for an entry-level Staff Tax Accountant to assist in all aspects of compliance, tax reporting and tax planning. This role will be exposed to domestic and international direct and indirect taxation matters, domestic tax compliance preparation, quarterly and year-end financial reporting, and tax planning. This role will also offer a unique opportunity to be involved with merger and acquisition integration and planning. The Staff Tax Accountant will report directly to the Tax Manager and will be immersed in eclectic tax matters daily in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage his/her time by prioritizing and managing multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues and translate them to the Tax Manager
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and constructively in a team environment
- Self-starter attitude towards learning and staying current in tax developments
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to help write tax memos, update tax calendars and workpapers, and prepare slide decks for non-tax personnel
- Ability to gather and analyze data to help prepare the US Federal income tax return and respond to IRS inquiries, among other tax needs
- Experience with OneSource IT tax compliance software is a plus
- Experience with consolidations and international tax matters is a plus
- Experience with accounting for income tax and tax reporting is a plus
- Exposure to M&A integration planning or other tax consulting planning is a plus
- Proactive attitude to improve processes and develop his/her technical and behavioral skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or tax is required, CPA preferred
- 1-2 years of tax compliance/accounting experience; public accounting and corporate tax experience is a plus
Job Application Requirements
Resume: One-page (single-sided) resume summarizing candidate’s work experience, education, and any other skills/licenses
Cover Letter: Half-page to one-page cover letter which includes answers to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in applying for this position?
- Do you have experience in helping with tax provision such as calculating book-to-tax differences or identifying any uncertain tax positions?
- Do you have experience in helping with tax compliance such as preparing a consolidated US federal tax returns?
- What other skills do you have which will be a good fit for this position?
- If hired, what would you like to accomplish in your first year with Outbrain?
Outbrain is the world’s discovery feed technology for the open web supported by the only end-to-end native advertising stack for publishers and advertisers. We make the discovery of content, products, and services possible. A third of the world’s internet-connected population explore and discover information through our feed technology, which is trusted by emerging to established brands and integrated into thousands of media companies’ tech stacks to manage and monetize their publishing operations. Outbrain operates in 55 countries and is headquartered in New York City with offices in 18 cities worldwide.