Stock Plan Administrator at Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 60 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. The products and services are focused on developer marketing, enterprise knowledge sharing and technical recruiting. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.Stock Plan Administrator
We are looking for a highly collaborative and motivated Stock Plan Administrator, with at least three years of hands-on stock administration experience. The ideal candidate will help to create and scale our stock administration function, and expand our equity team. In this capacity you will be responsible for hands-on, end-to-end administration of Stack’s equity plans initially on Carta, but then be a key partner in the planned transition to a new customized, state of the art in-house platform in 2022.
What you will do:
- Administer Stack’s equity program for all Stack employees in the U.S. and overseas
- Work closely with the company’s Legal, Finance, Payroll, People, and other teams, as necessary
- Manage general daily equity maintenance tasks including processing new equity awards and grant agreements, reviewing equity transactions, employee terminations and cancellations.
- Support employee understanding of equity awards and Stack’s equity programs and policies
- Assist efforts to grow and scale the stock administration function, including but not limited to enhancing existing manual processes, automating processes and helping to evaluate service providers
- Collaborate to update work streams and manual processes into more automated procedures.
- Maintain company’s equity data using Carta platform
- Support implementation and transition to new stock administration platform
- Prepare custom reports and perform complex reconciliations to review accuracy of equity and transaction data
- Maintain supporting workbooks for external auditors and respond accurately, thoroughly and timely to auditor requests for data
- Assist with accurate and timely preparation of all required compliance forms
- Perform other duties and ad hoc projects and reporting as requested
What You’ll Need To Have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in administration of equity programs
- Demonstrated expertise with equity programs, multiple equity award types, and transaction volume
- Minimum CEP Level I required
- Demonstrated experience working directly with Carta
- Strong analytical ability, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize
- An ability to communicate with all levels of employees, stakeholders, partners both internally and externally.
- A team player with a strong work ethic and ability to complete projects timely and accurately.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality in a very open and transparent environment
- Energy, enthusiasm, flexibility and follow-up skills necessary to drive results
Desirable Skills/Standout Factors:
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills (e.g. knowledge of VLOOK-UP, Pivot Tables, SUMIF, IF statements)
- Working knowledge of ASC 718
- Comfortable working with software tools and learning a variety of new systems
- Carta experience a plus
What you’ll get in return
In the United States, benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- 20 days paid vacation
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
- If you want to work remotely, we’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening September 6, 2021, and won't require employees to return to the office for the rest of the year), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.