Stock Plan Administrator at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for an Equity Plan Administrator to manage all aspects of our Global Equity program including new grants, equity transactions, grant cancellations and employee education. You will be a key member of our Total Rewards team and work cross functionally with the People, Finance, and Legal teams.
You will report into our Director of Total Rewards in our NYC office. We are open to this role being located anywhere in the U.S.
- Manage the day-to-day administration of the company’s stock plans globally
- Coordinate with multiple departments including People, Legal and Accounting
- Coordinate with external partners such as stock plan provider, broker and transfer agent
- Manage Shareworks and Armanino to ensure all equity plan transactions (grants, exercises, dispositions, transfers, releases, etc.) are correctly processed in a timely manner and to maintain data integrity
- Ensure global equity reporting and compliance with international tax and regulatory requirements, including 3921
- Coordinate the review and approval of new equity grants, ensuring proper approvals and controls are in place
- Prepare reports on a periodic basis for tracking of the equity plan
- Develop and provide education to employees on equity compensation
- Maintain inbox for any questions related to the equity plan
- Reconcile transactions, termination dates, tax withholding and reporting, and other items as required
- Work on special projects relating to equity
- 4+ years of stock administration experience at global company
- Experience with the Shareworks platform and other major third-party equity software systems and brokerage firms
- Strong understanding U.S. federal, state and global equity taxation
- Experience with US GAAP and SOX
- Experience building out employee education programs with regards to equity
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) preferred
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.