TrialSpark is a technology-driven drug development company that runs end-to-end clinical trials, focused on bringing new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently.
The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $1B+. To combat this industry problem, TrialSpark has built a technology platform that optimizes all aspects of a clinical trial, enabling more efficient trial design, faster trial completion, and higher trial data quality.TrialSpark recently raised their Series C, and is putting the capital to work by in-licensing and co-developing drug programs through in-house development, joint ventures, and NewCos. Together with doctors, patients, and communities, TrialSpark is working to develop the treatments of tomorrow.
About the Position
As a Strategic Finance Associate at TrialSpark, you will be responsible for executing financial planning and analysis (FP&A) activities as well as performing strategic financial analysis to facilitate data-driven decision-making across the organization and at the functional, leadership and board level.
In this role, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and building out TrialSpark’s core FP&A and strategic finance capabilities, including the processes and tools employed in day-to-day execution.Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities for in this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Building annual company budgets and long range plans
- Maintaining rolling company forecasts based on inputs from accounting and functional teams
- Partnering with operations to build detailed drug development budgets and with accounting to monitor and review financial performance against budgets
- Performing strategic financial analysis to enable data-driven decision-making across the organization
- Creating financial reports and analyses for functional leaders, company leadership and the company’s board of directors
- Identifying, evaluating and implementing tools to facilitate continuous improvement in the quality and speed of financial reporting, forecasting and analysis as the business scales
You’d be a great fit for this position if you have 2+ years of FP&A, strategic finance, principal investment and/or investment banking experience and:
- Prior experience at an early stage company in healthcare and/or life sciences preferred
- Prior experience implementing financial planning software to enable functional scaling
- You can work collaboratively and cross-functionally in a fast-paced, often changing environment
- You can synthesize strategic insights from complex, detailed financial analysis and clearly communicate financial concepts to audiences with limited context and/or without a financial background
- You are strong self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity yet drives towards clarity
- You are intellectually curious and constantly look for ways to improve how to do things
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status