Strategic Finance Associate
Who are we?
Ribbon is a first of its kind real estate technology company transforming the real estate transaction by delivering certainty, transparency and joy to the home buying process. Consumers and realtors deserve a better experience, and we have designed an open platform that welcomes everyone in the ecosystem to participate.
As members of the Ribbon team, we live out our mission every day through our core values:
- Be an invited guest to dinner - Everything we do is in the service of the customer.
- Be a (home) owner - If we see a problem, we address it head on without assuming someone else will do it.
- Break new ground - We challenge conventional wisdom to create clever solutions and break down the walls.
- Foster greatness - We grow and inspire the team around us to constantly make Ribbon better.
- Engage with intellectual humility - We become our best selves through rigorous debate and adjusting opinions based on new information.
The Strategic Finance team is responsible for providing data-driven insights to inform financial, strategic and operational decision-making across the company. We’re seeking an Associate who will support broad initiatives across corporate strategy and planning, capital markets, investor relations, and strategic projects. This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to drive long-term shareholder value at a hyper-growth startup.
How you'll help make homeownership achievable:
- Support strategic decision-making through deep analysis, with a focus on capital allocation and company-wide planning
- Build sophisticated financial models and synthesize outputs into concise presentations to drive executive and board decision making processes
- Help drive equity and debt fundraising processes from end-to-end
- Drive strategic initiatives through a combination of business partnering, analytical insight, and project management
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization by developing a deep understanding of Ribbon’s business model, including product and market strategies, competitive context, and internal processes
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 - 5 years of experience in investment banking, private equity or venture capital
- Expert Excel skills; extensive experience building three-statement financial models and analyzing large data sets
- Effective communication skills; ability to distill complex analyses into structured outputs and present to all levels of management
- Highly organized, independent, and self-motivated
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Residential Real Estate experience
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or R
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply! If you’d be excited to show up for work each day, we’d be excited to have you on our team.
Here at Ribbon we’re not scared of differences. It’s how we break new ground. As we scale and we help families from every walk of life, the team we build must be reflective of the diversity that we serve. Together, we’ve built and will continue to grow, a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has a seat at the table and the space to be their most authentic self. Ribbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we support, celebrate, and cherish all the things that make our teammates who they are.