Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
As part of Cedar’s Strategic Finance team, you will play a meaningful role in utilizing data to approach our long-term business strategy and ensure execution on those goals. You will partner with the leadership team to optimize company-wide resource allocation by defining and tracking business metrics, driving cross-functional projects, solving business problems (such as pricing strategy, capital allocation, market sizing and GTM) and unlock new growth opportunities. You will also be a point of contact for our Board and management team on insights related to Cedar’s performance.
You are highly strategic, analytical and data focused in order to keep a pulse on our near-term performance and help Cedar execute on its long-term strategic vision. This is a critical cross-functional role, as such you will communicate and work with various teams within the organization, our investors and board.
- Partner with key stakeholders to drive strategy and operational decisions by defining key success metrics and communicating impactful insights
- Build and own financial analyses and company forecasts including ad-hoc analyses that support business and capital allocation decisions (e.g. market sizing to resolve product prioritization, organizational planning, unit economics & return on investment)
- Own and build strong systems and processes to aggregation and dissemination business critical metrics across teams in a scalable and meaningful way
- Improve predictability / forecasting capabilities of financials and business metrics
- Own financial reporting and analysis, including monthly and quarterly reporting to the senior leadership team, investors and board members
- Drive central initiatives including pricing strategy, product prioritization and other ad-hoc initiatives working across multiple teams
- Assist in preparing materials for the executive team, including board decks, investor materials and other executive updates
- Implement systems and processes to scale planning & reporting across teams
Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of experience, preferably in business operations, investment banking, high-growth corporate finance, private equity or venture capital.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to utilize data to determine decisions
- Outstanding financial modeling and forecasting skills
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and developing modelling skills and advanced querying
- Positive attitude with desire to work across multiple teams and comfortable wearing multiple hats
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
- Excellent listening and communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
- Passionate about Cedar’s mission of improving the healthcare finance experience
- Experience with SQL or other analytical tools (Looker etc.)
- Experience with ERP systems (NetSuite) and financial planning softwares (e.g. Adaptive Insights or Anaplan)
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with a high-growth SaaS, payments or health tech company
- An understanding of the Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) space
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage!
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions!
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks at our NYC office
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for the Strategic Finance Manager roles who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.