Strategy Manager, New Verticals
CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, and face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
Reporting to the EVP, New Verticals, the New Verticals Strategy Manager will play a critical role in helping to envision, identify and build businesses in new growth areas that will expand the CLEAR platform. Your research, insights and recommendations will help attract new partners, members, and revenue sources for CLEAR, driving business growth. You will tackle a range of strategic topics, from researching new market opportunities, to designing new business models, to defining new customer segmentation. You will provide support across CLEAR’s current new vertical categories (Sports, Healthcare, Payments, Enterprise & Identity) while helping provide the insights and justifications to help develop future new business lines. You will have exposure to an array of functions and senior stakeholders at CLEAR.
What You Will Do:
- Conduct in-depth qualitative and quantitative research to afford insights into new industries, markets and product applications.
- Use a mix of business acumen, financial modeling and technical insight to develop and test hypotheses for new revenue opportunities and areas for growth.
- Help discover unmet customer needs and extract customer challenges that inspire the ideas for tomorrow’s businesses.
- Build robust financial models, develop thoughtful new business plans, and craft compelling presentations that clearly communicate key findings and recommendations.
- Assist in building the business justifications that drive investment decisions and ultimately grow the CLEAR platform.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of experience in top-tier management consulting, investment banking, business strategy, private equity etc.
- The ability to think like an owner, with an entrepreneurial approach
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- An appetite and aptitude to quickly gain expertise in new industries and business types
- Comfort solving problems independently or with little guidance
- Demonstrated experience building financial models and comfort with rigorous financial analysis
- A compelling storyteller, able to communicate complex ideas and concepts in accessible ways
- Passionate about recommendations supported by data
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and a strong BI toolkit
- Modesty and self-awareness; openness to feedback and coaching
- Deep motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude with a strong desire for professional growth