The Tax Analyst will be a trusted member of the Finance team, who will assist with tax related projects through established subject matter expertise. This role will involve tax compliance as well as tax research, analysis, and documentation. You will utilize a variety of skills to solve problems relating to direct and indirect tax planning, direct and indirect tax compliance, and income tax accounting.
This position reports to the Tax Lead and can be based in our New York City headquarters or Los Angeles office.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining the quarterly and annual US and international income tax provision, including all related tax financial reporting and disclosures
- Collaborate with outside firms in the preparation of various federal, state, and international income tax returns
- Responsible for providing tax support for acquisitions, dispositions and corporate restructurings, including due diligence and post-close integration.
- Assist in the ongoing analysis of US federal/state and international tax compliance, including research and documentation of tax nexus and permanent establishment
- Assist in preparation of monthly/quarterly indirect tax returns for the Company’s US and international operations
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for various tax liabilities and timely provide adjustments, if any, to the Accounting Department
- Document and implement various tax reporting policies and procedures
- Assist in the preparation of worldwide quarterly and annual income tax forecasts based on the latest Company budget and/or projections
- Assist in responding to tax audit requests. Research tax laws and regulations as needed
- Maintain global tax compliance calendar to ensure timely filings
- Collect and maintain relevant data for tax planning purposes
- Other tax related ad-hoc projects on an as needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business is required; CPA is preferred
- 4-5 years of experience in federal and/or state income tax compliance or planning
- Ability to research and interpret various tax laws and regulations, including federal, state, and international law
- Proficient with various tax compliance software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to analyze and document complex tax issues
- Ability to successfully interact and collaborate across the organization
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in Excel and Netsuite ERP is a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.