WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are expanding our Finance team and seeking a hands-on Tax Compliance Manager, as we look to prepare the company for public readiness. This new role will take the lead for domestic and foreign income tax returns, state and local income tax returns, sales & use tax returns, various tax research projects, credits & incentives application and SOX documentation, R&D tax credit, and direct & indirect tax audits. You will report to the Global Head of Tax and Treasury. In this role, you will be expected to be a key contributor as we prepare the Company for public readiness.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Coordination and detailed review of outsourced tax compliance for direct and indirect taxes globally
- Monitor current developments in accounting literature to identify any updates to filing requirements globally
- Analyze and document review of tax nexus issues on a global basis
- Assist with the documentation and maintenance of corporate accounting policies
- Manage all aspects of the external filings, including XBRL tagging and review
- Take initiative for process improvements to optimize the compliance preparation process
- Manage the global tax calendar
WHO YOU ARE
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Ability to perform independent accounting research and documenting accounting positions
- Prior experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm preferred
- BA/BBA/BS in Accounting, Finance or business-related field required
- US CPA is preferred
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization, from clerical staff to executives, and manage relationships with external parties
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manages competing priorities, and adhere to tight deadlines
- SaaS or Technology industry experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of NetSuite, Workday or other comparable ERP systems is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities, and adhere to tight deadlines
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.