The Peloton tax Team is looking for a skilled tax professional to join our in-house tax team. As a member of the Peloton Tax Team you will help mitigate tax risks and maximize tax opportunities by leveraging your tax experience and through collaboration with business stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have significant experience with US tax compliance and will serves as a key leader of the income tax accounting function. The Tax Director will report to the VP of Tax and help oversee a variety of projects owned by the inhouse tax team. The successful candidate will have experience with the preparation of a consolidated U.S. Federal corporate income tax return, quarterly and annual tax provision process and, income tax accruals in accordance with ASC 740. The Tax Director will also be asked to contribute on global tax planning projects and must have exposure to the complexities of global transfer pricing.
The Peloton Tax Team strives to be a best-in-class team that provides our business stakeholders with top tier tax support. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, a creative problem solver, attentive to detail, and highly organized. The candidate should thrive in a fast-paced environment and is someone who consistently exceeds expectations.
We are looking for candidates who have held tax positions in public companies, or with a Big4 tax consulting firm serving Fortune 500 clients for 8 or more years.
The successful candidate will have experience with the preparation of the consolidated U.S. Federal corporate income tax return, quarterly and annual tax provision process and, income tax accruals in accordance with ASC 740. The Tax Director will also be asked to contribute on global tax planning projects and must have exposure to the complexities of global transfer pricing.
- Income Tax Accounting
- ASC 740
- Quarterly & Annual Tax Provision
- Review of US sales tax returns
- Review of US income tax returns
- Experience with complex US Federal and State credits/incentives
- Review and assist with preparation of domestic and international estimated tax payments
- Review and assist with tax footnote preparation to comply with accounting standards
- Assist with the establishment and drafting of corporate tax policies
- Manage internal tax controls
- Experience collaborating with a team of skilled tax professionals
- Experience training, developing, and fostering professional growth among a team
Preferred (but not required) Experience
- Exposure to global transfer pricing rules and regulations
- Experience leveraging tax technology
- Exposure to Tax considerations in M&A transactions
- Experience with ad hoc tax research
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or related field
- At least 8 years working in the corporate tax function at public companies, and/or with a Big4 tax advisory firm
- CPA and/or JD with Tax concentration/specialization
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating products that merge high-design with modern technology to provide at home access to live streaming and on demand fitness classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body – all from your home.
As a company Peloton believes in taking risks and continuously challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to think like owners. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.