Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Novi, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
We are looking for a Tax Manager to join our rapidly growing FinTech Company. The Tax Manager will manage and facilitate the accurate preparation and filing of our Company’s state, federal and international tax forms. The ideal candidate is a team player who creates and implements tax plans and works with the accounting and leadership teams to identify opportunities for process improvement and potential areas of risk. The Tax Manager will ensure compliance with state, federal and international tax law through a series of controls that are designed to ensure accurate, timely reporting and by working with the Company’s external advisors. They will monitor current and impending changes to tax regulation and make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies. The ideal candidate is passionate about accuracy and timeliness and has a compliance mindset.
As a Tax Manager you will:
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review of company tax returns and the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of international, federal, state and local income tax returns and other business related filings
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning for all necessary international, federal and state taxes
- Manage external tax preparers/advisors as they prepare components of the company's international, federal and state income tax return and other tax documents.
- Plan for and develop an overall return calendar and coordinate timing and inputs with the tax preparers
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process
- Manage and facilitate IRS income tax audits: preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to stakeholders and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation
- Provide support with various internal audits and special tax related projects
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- 6+ years of experience in a tax manager or public accountant role
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, CPA license required
- Extensive corporate/partnership tax knowledge
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance and procedures for partnerships and foreign corporations.
- Familiarity with U.S. federal, state and local reporting requirements.
- Strong experience with a variety of tax operations and ability to drive process improvements.
- Strong ability to utilize project management and best practices to organize and prioritize tasks and the tasks of external tax preparers.
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders and communicate the benefits of tax initiatives.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was recently listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. All of our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a $500 quarterly stipend for development, a $500 stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- USDP Stablecoin Chosen for Facebook's Pilot of Novi Digital Wallet
- Forbes Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 50
- Paxos Supports Interactive Brokers' Journey into Crypto Markets
- CB Insights Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 250 for Crypto Category
- Paxos Supports Flourish Crypto
- Paxos National Trust Receives OCC Conditional Approval for De Novo Charter
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.