Tax Manager at Peloton
The Peloton tax Team is looking for a skilled tax professional to join our in-house tax team. As a member of the Peloton Tax Team you will help mitigate tax risks and maximize tax opportunities by leveraging your tax experience and through collaboration with business stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have experience helping manage global indirect taxes, such as VAT, GST, PST, and HST. The successful candidate will also have foundational experience supporting international tax compliance and supporting intercompany transactions related to the complexities of a global operating and transfer pricing structure.
The Peloton Tax Team strives to be a best-in-class team that provides our business stakeholders with top tier tax support. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, a creative problem solver, attentive to detail, and highly organized. The candidate should thrive in a fast-paced environment and is someone who consistently exceeds expectations.
We are looking for candidates who have held tax positions in public companies, or with a tax consulting firm serving Fortune 500 clients for 4 or more years.
The successful candidate will be responsible for management of global VAT and international indirect taxes. The successful candidate will also be able to support global transfer pricing compliance and initiatives. As a member of the Peloton Tax Team, the candidate will also contribute to regular and ongoing compliance activities as well as ad hoc research and planning projects.
International Indirect Tax
- Manage global indirect taxes including VAT, GST, and PST
- Review Canadian HST/GST/PST returns
- Gather financial data for third-party tax preparers, reconcile amounts due and review monthly VAT returns
- Ensure timely filing of VAT returns and manage inquiries from taxing authorities
- Assist with reconciliation of VAT input tax credits and VAT liabilities as part of the monthly financial statement close
- Support global Transfer Pricing projects
- Assist with preparation and review of Transfer Pricing documentation for all regions
- Maintain knowledge of Transfer Pricing regulations
- Maintain relationships with international Controllers and key accounting stakeholders
- Perform regular check-ins with business stakeholders to confirm compliance with transfer pricing policies
General Tax Compliance
- Contribute to regular and ongoing compliance activities
- Assist with tax planning projects
- Perform ad hoc tax research
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or related field
- At least 4 years working in the corporate tax function at public companies, or with a Big4 tax advisory firm
- Experience with global indirect tax compliance for VAT, GST, and PST
- Experience with transfer pricing and country-by-country reporting standards
- CPA and/or JD with tax concentration
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.