Tax Manager at Peloton
The Peloton tax Team is looking for a skilled tax professional to join our in-house tax team. As a member of the Peloton Tax Team you will help mitigate tax risks and maximize tax opportunities by leveraging your tax experience and through collaboration with business stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have strong experience with US tax provision and compliance and will serve as a key member of the income tax accounting function. The Tax Manager will report to the Tax Director and help manage a variety of projects owned by the inhouse tax team. The successful candidate will have strong experience with the quarterly and annual tax provision process, income tax accruals in accordance with ASC 740, and U.S. Federal and State tax compliance. Effective communication skills, the ability to meet deadlines and the ability to work across teams are key for success in this position. The Tax Manager will also be asked to assist with various tax planning and ad hoc projects as needed.
The Peloton Tax Team strives to be a best-in-class team that provides our business stakeholders with top tier tax support. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, a creative problem solver, attentive to detail, and highly organized. The candidate should thrive in a fast-paced environment and is someone who consistently exceeds expectations.
We are looking for candidates who have held tax positions in public companies, or with a public tax consulting firm serving Fortune 500 clients for 5 or more years.
The successful candidate will have experience with the quarterly and annual tax provision process, income tax accruals in accordance with ASC 740, and U.S. Federal and State tax compliance. The Tax Manager will need to be able to work in coordination with other teams at Peloton and will also be asked to assist with various planning and ad hoc projects.
- Quarterly & Annual Tax Provision
- ASC 740 - Income Tax Accounting
- Review and assist with tax footnote preparation to comply with accounting standards
- Review of U.S. sales and income tax returns
- Experience with monthly and quarterly reconciliations
- Assist with audit support
- Experience with internal tax controls
- Experience managing multiple projects concurrently
- Assist with the establishment and drafting of corporate tax policies
- Experience collaborating with a team of skilled tax professionals
- Experience training, developing, and fostering professional growth among a team
Preferred (but not required) Experience
- Experience in an ERP environment: NetSuite/SAP
- Experience in tax return software
- Exposure to global transfer pricing rules and regulations
- Experience leveraging tax technology
- Exposure to Tax considerations in M&A transactions
- Experience with ad hoc tax research
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or related field
- At least 5 years working in the corporate tax function at public companies, and/or with a public tax advisory firm
- CPA and/or JD with Tax concentration/specialization
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.