Tax Manager at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is currently looking for a Tax Manager with strong communication, technology, analytical, and attention to detail skills. As part of the BuzzFeed tax team, the Tax Manager will be integral in ensuring tax risks are mitigated and tax opportunities are maximized by leveraging his or her tax knowledge and experience, as well as collaboration with business partners throughout the Company.
The Tax Manager will have substantial experience with US consolidated tax provision and compliance for US based companies with foreign operations as he or she will be an integral component of the income tax accounting function. The Tax Manager will have strong experience with quarterly and annual tax provision processes, income tax accruals in accordance with ASC 740, and US Federal and State tax compliance. The Tax Manager will report to the VP, Tax and help manage a variety of projects owned by the inhouse tax team. Effective communication skills, the ability to meet deadlines and the ability to work across teams are essential in this position.
The ideal candidate is comfortable in a dynamic environment, will bring energy and passion and will not be afraid to roll up their sleeves to tackle challenging assignments.
- Prepare the quarterly and annual tax provisions, as well as the tax footnote in accordance with ASC 740
- Review US Federal and State tax returns including any US information returns for foreign subsidiaries, as well as high level review of international tax filings prepared by outside tax advisors
- Preparation of required indirect tax returns, including certain local country VAT and GST tax returns.
- Assist with audit support
- Research and analyze ad hoc tax queries from stakeholders to determine tax implications of potential M&A deals, revenue contracts and/or Company policies using the Internal Revenue Code, Treasury Regulations and other relevant authorities / guidance
- Draft tax technical memorandums documenting tax positions
- Proactively manage and maintain provision and compliance deadlines
- Assist in special tax projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 5+ years experience in Tax at a Public company and/or with a Public accounting firm
- CPA and/or JD with a concentration in tax
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter, independently motivated, leads oneself and others
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.