Tax Project Specialist at Warner Bros. Discovery (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role...
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented individual to join our tax team as a Tax Project Specialist. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting in various tax-related projects and global tax initiatives. This role will focus mainly on providing project management services and implementation support for tax restructurings and initiatives. This role will work with various stakeholders and external counsel to execute transactions.
The position will demand a high degree of collaboration and partnership across all functional teams globally. Strong analytical, project management and problem-solving skills are critical, as well as sound communication skills.
This role is an opportunity for a candidate looking for a role in a fast-paced, project-based environment, drawing on their existing finance/accounting/legal experience
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Track milestones and timeline for different work streams and be responsible for organizing regular/special meetings with relevant players to ensure timely progress and refine processes as needed.
- Organize and maintain legal documents and files, ensuring they are accurate, up-to-date, and easily accessible for tax reporting and audit purposes
- Liaise with both internal stakeholders and external counsels to facilitate the implementation of tax planning initiatives and high-level review of legal documents to ensure proper formatting, accuracy, and adherence to the objectives of a project
- Assist in preparing bi-weekly and quarterly tax transaction reports, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Support the preparation of PowerPoint presentations for internal meetings and documentation purposes
Qualifications & Experience...
- Excellent project management skills - minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, pre-law or a related field
- Confident in managing and collaborating with different stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner and develop strong professional relationships with internal and external parties
- High level of attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and prioritize deliverables/projects with competing deadlines
- Excellent MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a culture of excellence, integrity, and accountability
- Preferred previous experience in project managing large global integration
- Preferred media/entertainment industry background
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skillset, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $95,550.00 - $177,450.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].