Technical Accounting Manager at Ocrolus
- Owns US GAAP consolidated financial reporting.
- Assist the Controller in establishing and implementing global accounting policies and practices to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
- Own and manage external auditor relationships, including creating technical accounting memorandums, and assist the Controller to coordinate technical accounting conclusions for non-routine transactions.
- Directly support the Controller as the SME to educate senior leaders across the Company on new accounting standards to develop technical accounting awareness and potential impacts to the Company and its financial statements.
- Assist in the evaluation, application, and implementation of current and future technical accounting standards to current and future business activities.
- Monitor, evaluate, and advise the Accounting team on recently issued/proposed accounting pronouncements.
- Create and maintain onboarding/off-boarding procedures & training materials.
- Design, refine, and monitor internal controls and perform periodic internal audit procedures.
- Manage tax compliance (Sales & Use Tax, CRT, Fed/State Income Tax, State Franchise Tax filings, etc.).
- Manage month-end close and any related internal and external reporting calendars.
- Responsible for equity accounting including Stock Based Compensation and related technical conclusions.
- Manage insurance providers and ensure appropriate coverage as the company scales.
- Assist in other ad hoc project work as required
- Supervisory/Managerial audit experience in public accounting, Big 4 preferred.
- CPA required.
- 4-6 years progressive public accounting experience (preferably focused in technology industry) with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP and technical research.
- Polished verbal and written communication skills, specifically the ability to articulate issues and present findings and recommendations in a clear and summarized manner.
- Advanced MS Excel skills, previous Netsuite experience preferred.
- Hands on experience in dealing with a wide variety of complex accounting issues and applicable US GAAP; including but not limited to stock based compensation, software revenue recognition, consolidations, and acquisitions.
- High standards for quality, professional ethics, attention to detail, and result-driven.
- Process oriented with ability to identify the need for process and control changes and be able work cross-functionally to drive and influence these changes.
- Ability to adapt quickly and operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently, complete work timely, and work well as a team member
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous and superior attention to detail