(TEMP) Associate, Accounts Payable at Cityblock Health (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs, bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs and some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are-bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. We will get started in new markets, each with their own operating structure and care teams, and continue to grow in the communities where we are working already. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To deliver a radically better experience of care to our members and advance equity in the communities we serve, we strive to make our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bridging together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels like they belong, are valued, respected, and celebrated as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
The TEMP Associate, Accounts Payable will a ssist in creating seamless workflows for Accounts Payable and Expenses (ex. Coding, approval matrix), as well as providing support in building the financial infrastructure.
This is a cross-functional role that will partner closely with many departments across the business to assist in improving our processes for our customers (ex. the larger business). Some of the departments that you will mainly interact with are Finance, People Operations, Technology, and Operations.
Requirements for the Role:
- 3+ years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration preferred
- Experience working in a complex, multiple-entity business structure
- Netsuite (preferred) or equivalent ERP experience
- Concur/ Expensify or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to follow up on pending issues
- Ability to meet deadlines
How We Define Success:
- You operate as a key contributor in entering new invoices from Vendors for 4 entities
- You'll review expense reports for accuracy for 4 entities
- You will assist with any finance service tickets
- Creating journal entries for activity in the bank
- You will produce the credit card reconciliation on a monthly basis to support the month end process
- You will process expense reimbursements upon approval
- Produce a sync reconciliation between multiple systems (ex. Bill.com and Netsuite)
- Assist with the bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Successfully resolve any vendor reconciliation inquiries
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Start-up Experience
- Customer-service mindset
- Independent contributor
- Natural leader but as humble as a student
What We'd Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.