Transaction Coordinator at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $2 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
At Better, we are more than just a mortgage company - we bring customers best in class homeownership products and services.
We are seeking our very first Purchase Transaction Coordinator to join Better’s fastest growing internal business, Better Settlement Services. The Transaction Coordinator will be instrumental in the growth of Better’s rapidly expanding in-house title insurance agency. The Purchase Transaction Coordinator will be responsible for fostering an industry leading customer-first experience through their interactions with customers, third-party partners, and internal teams by coordinating the title and closing process for Better Settlement Services’ purchase clients.
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, detail-oriented professional with a burning desire to deliver a white glove customer experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serve as the primary liaison and point of contact between homebuyers, sellers, real estate agents, attorneys, and third parties for all Better Settlement Services purchase transactions
- Deliver best in class service to buyers, sellers, agents, and attorneys by responding to all inquiries and requests in a timely manner and resolving all escalations quickly
- Monitor file progress, customer feedback, and escalations throughout the lifecycle of each file
- Advocate for the customer by identifying and implementing best-in-class customer support practices for managing inquiries and resolving escalations
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing / customer service role
- Impeccable written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to maintain composure in high-pressure situations and comfortable working in a fast-paced, technology-centric environment
- Experience in mortgage, title or the real estate industry a plus, but not required!
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.