Treasury Analyst at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better.com is hiring for an enthusiastic Analyst to support the Treasury department. This person will be entrusted with responsibilities of funds disbursement (wires, checks), month-end close (reconciliations), and a variety of administrative tasks to ensure efficiency both with internal and external parties. This is an incredible learning and career growth opportunity that will report into the Director of Treasury.
The ideal candidate has an aptitude for problem solving and is a highly organized communicator, all while maintaining composure in a fast-paced, agile environment. They will have experience in Treasury specifically, and solid understanding of Excel and/or Python.
If you are a self-starter with the ability to effectively collaborate with and deliver to business partners, please apply!
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead, manage and communicate all aspects of the annual FBAR process
- Initiate, review and reconcile ACH/wires, and checks for external and internal payments. Partner to improve where possible.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to increase efficiency of the payment process, including the opening and closing of accounts.
- Reconcile month-end close needs
- Perform weekly and monthly reconciliations between bank accounts and TMS for subsidiaries
- Facilitate weekly depositing of checks received, ensuring compliance
- Support internal staff on ad-hoc requests to confirm receipt or execution of payments
- Partner with internal groups including accounting Tax, Legal, and FP&A on Treasury related projects
- Assist the management and communication of intercompany relationships and settlements
- Develop operational procedures and maintain accounts and payment system mapping documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or similar field
- Commensurate military background welcome
- 2+ years of corporate treasury, FP&A, or investment banking employment
- Familiarity: Excel, Google Sheet and Python (a plus)
- Strong attention to detail, project management, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and effective communication skills
- Desire to learn and develop a broad set of Corporate Finance skills
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.