Vice President Finance at Lifion by ADP
Work Location(s): Roseland, NJ, US
With more than $14 billion in revenues and ~70 years of experience, ADP serves approximately ~700,000 clients in more than 125 countries. As one of the world’s largest providers of business outsourcing and Human Capital Management solutions, ADP offers a wide range of human resource, payroll, talent management, tax and benefits administration solutions from a single source.
BUSINESS UNIT: This Finance leader will have primary responsibility for being a business partner to the R&D leaders building applications for several ADP business units, including National Accounts, NextGen HCM (Lifion), Major Accounts, Total Source, and ADP’s CTO. This role will also serve as the business partner to Datacloud’s R&D General Manager helping to drive top-line and bottom-line growth.
You will also be extensively involved in leading and/or supporting Global Product & Technology (GPT) initiatives including various transformation initiatives, developing strategic business plans and cases; portfolio management and product rationalization; acquisition due diligence, integration, etc.
The Vice President (VP) of Finance will partner with business leaders by providing thought leadership for strategic financial and business direction ensuring achievement of short and long term financial and business goals. The VP will provide thought leadership in the business strategy of the organization, areas for investment or reduction and generate insights by leveraging data and analytics. An excellent communicator at all levels, invites challenge and deep thinking to lead strategic decision-making to help drive top and bottom-line margin improvement.
A change agent leader, the VP will incorporate implications of cultural, global, and political differences to anticipate market changes, ready to take action to influence and organize initiatives of both high complexity and broad impact. This is an outstanding opportunity for a finance executive with operational experience and a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management to join in a dynamic, mission-driven organization.
Business Partnering: Partners with Business Leaders and Key Stakeholders to align on business priorities and drive effective solutions/execution. Constructively communicates compelling arguments based on facts and data, and obtains necessary buy-in to deliver on business objectives
* Partners with Business Leaders and Key Stakeholders to drive effective solutions and execution through challenging, negotiating and collaborating
* Sets direction and manages key priorities such as client profitability and retention, competitive position, expense management, product enhancements and other business opportunities
* Acts as the Finance business partner to functional organizations such as technology research & development and the Datacloud business; supports Pricing analytics and decision-making as needed
Business Analysis: Uses deep understanding of objectives, issues and root causes and provides insightful, fact-based data analysis to help solve complex problems
* Drives financial and strategic decision support to senior management to ensure achievement of short and long term financial goals
* Evaluates and presents strategic/operational analytics for review, discussion and implementation; ensures understanding of business dynamics which includes productivity, relationships, model, trends, leading indicators and business statistics
Strategic Planning and Initiatives: Partners with business leadership to develop strategies and initiatives to drive growth and margin improvements. Executes on strategic initiatives such as business development, product launches, market entry, and process improvement efforts
* Executes on strategic initiatives such as business development, product launches, market entry, and process improvement efforts
* Develops business cases and recommends financial strategies to ensure business growth/market presence and margin improvement
* Shares expertise and insight on business impact of general economic, competitive, business and financial conditions to key stakeholders
Talent Development and Management: Deliberately builds capability for short and long term
* Sets direction, goals and expectations about performance, holds associates accountable for development and provides appropriate feedback
* Coaches and develops associates; builds diverse team and encourages innovative thinking to identify broad growth opportunities
* Delegates responsibilities to associates, both to deliver on commitments and to continuously build team members’ capabilities
Operating Planning and Forecasting: Creates annual operating plan that is aligned to the strategic plan and performs forecasting to provide visibility into business results to enable business decisions
* Drives assumptions and provides consultative input for operating planning and forecasting
Management Reporting and Financial Close Activities: Produces and distributes recurring and ad hoc management reports. Responsible for financial reporting accuracy; partners with shared services organizations and ensures adequate control environment to mitigate financial and business risks in collaboration with process owners
* Leverages recurring and ad-hoc management reporting to communicate trends, evaluate business cases, provide solutions for opportunities and risks, and drive business decisions
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* BS — Accounting , Finance, Economics or equivalent
* 12 years of experience including 10+ years of people leadership (direct or indirect)
* MBA Finance or MS in Business Analytics or related degree
* Graduate of Finance Leadership Development Program
* Graduate of Executive MBA Program
* Consulting Experience
COMPETENCIES — Skills, Knowledge and Behaviors
Functional Competencies: This position requires the following Decision Support Competencies
* Business Analysis and Acumen (Mastery): Thought leader with a general manager view, who is sought out by leadership and business partners to guide key complex business challenge; drives the analytical strategy of the organization; fosters an environment where insight generation is encouraged and rewarded, bringing out the best in others.
* Influential Business Partner (Mastery): Is highly credible as a business partner with sound stakeholder relationships across the business and within the industry; excellent at delivering all types of messages to all levels of the organization; surrounds self with those who challenge and promote deeper thinking; negotiates contracts and deals of significant business impact
* Information Management/Technology Acumen (Mastery): Ensures that Finance has the tools and resources required to deliver value to the business; builds an organization where technical competence is a high priority; makes strategic decisions about the uses of technology.
Leadership Expectations: This position emphasizes the following six (out of nine) Leadership Expectations
* Strategy and Planning (Mastery): Drives the direction of the business by determining where the organization needs to go to succeed, understanding the resources available, and collaborating with others to determine how to get from the present to the desired future state.
* Results Accountability (Mastery): Sets high standards for the execution of strategy, demonstrates a record or organizing resources and systems to support the successful execution of strategy, and has a record of achievement in leading a wide range of initiatives of both high complexity and broad impact.
* Financial Management (Mastery): Drives revenue and profitability, uses key metrics to analyze the business, creates alignment across the business and leads activities that create shareholder value.
* Building Talent (Mastery): Builds organizational capability for the long and short term; is known as a champion of talent management and development; builds a diverse team, and personally demonstrates resilience, persistence and curiosity.
* Outside-In Perspective (Mastery): Is well versed about the competitive and global landscape, accounts for implications of cultural, global and political differences in conducting business, and anticipates changes in the market and takes action to influence the marketplace.
* Bias for Growth (Mastery): Champions change at the enterprise level, has demonstrated success at leading change, ensures resources are available to support change, and fosters an environment where innovation is rewarded.
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.