Paige is on a mission to accelerate and transform the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. Paige is creating a digital platform for pathologists to transform their workflow and is developing a new class of computational diagnostics positioned to drive the future of pathology. A career at Paige is deeply mission-driven where you will work with state-of-the-art technologies alongside leaders in the field and to improve cancer care every day. We reach high, help each other succeed, and believe in creativity, curiosity, and creating amazing products.
The VP of Finance and Operations position will be responsible for financial projections, performance and reporting, banking and insurance, compliance and accounting at Paige as well as leading office operations and human resources. In this position you will drive the evolution of the processes, policies, procedures and systems necessary to support our fast-growing organization.
This position is open to US-based applicants. You may work from home or from our NYC office.
In this role, you will:
- Play a strong strategic role in designing and implementing processes, frameworks and systems that allow us to capture and utilize timely and accurate data across the business to make better decisions
- Be responsible for preparing departmental budgets/forecasts and reviewing budget to actual performance. Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss, cash flow and supporting schedules in line with GAAP standards.
- Preparation of periodic (monthly, quarterly & annual) financial & operating reports including comparisons with budget and analysis of variances. Complete the monthly closing of internal financials, including analysis of bank account, A/R, A/P and accruals along with preparation of WIP schedule, etc
- Work closely with BD and Sales to support commercial contract negotiations and revenue
- Have oversight of client billing, collections, accounts receivable, payable, general ledger, banking and payroll.
- Be responsible for outside auditors, tax professionals, corporate tax planning, payments and record keeping
- Manage office operations and HR
- Have oversight of corporate liability, property and workers comp insurance policies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-10 years’ experience in corporate finance and accounting
- Previous experience in a startup company
- Experience working in highly regulated environments, eg healthcare, finance
- Experience overseeing Human Resources function at a high level
- Deep understanding of general ledger
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Desire to work in a dynamic start-up and be effective resolving ambiguities
- High intellectual capacity, particularly in an analytical and strategic context
- Proven analytical skills, defining problems, collecting relevant data, drawing valid conclusions and recommending improvement/corrective actions
- Prior experience with fundraising diligence efforts, ideally at a growth stage company
- CPA and/or MBA