VP of Finance & Operations at Talkspace
Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Want to help over one million people feel better? Come join our team!
We are looking for an experienced leader to join us as the VP of Finance and Operations. This role reports to our Chief Finance Officer and would be responsible for leading the team that oversees financial planning, reporting and accounting. We are looking for someone who wants to bring their talents into a “for purpose” space. To work at Talkspace, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee current internal finance & accounting resources and manage accounting and payment process team
- Lead and grow a finance & operations team, with a focus on developing smart, agile, and strategic executors
- Define resources required for success and assess the team on their ability to meet targets
- Plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
- Partner with functional leaders to align business needs with overarching financial objectives
- Communicate finance & operations strategy to partners and investors
- Develop, implement, operate, maintain, and control the essential operating systems, information, and financial business of the company
- Defines and implements key performance indicators and strategic objectives for the organization; facilitates measurement of those objectives, and report results to the executive team
- Orchestrate business plans, forecasting, and budget management to support attainment of company’s growth objectives
- Contribute and assist with board materials, investor decks and quarterly reports
- Oversee annual audit process and control environment, liaise with other external parties e.g. tax advisors, Payroll bureaus, banks
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and best practices, including but not limited to tax laws, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), federal acquisition regulations (FAR), and cost accounting standards (CAS)
- With the team, prepare and coordinate the SEC filings; 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, proxy statements, earnings releases, quarterly supplemental package, etc
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree; MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Experience working for a public company required
- 8+ years of experience in finance leadership roles
- 3+ years of health care or health tech experience
- Entrepreneurial and empathetic
- Ability to successfully execute in a demanding, fast paced environment that will require flexibility, a strong work ethic, and a desire to succeed
- Drive and ability to lead a strong and collaborative team
- At ease with ambiguity
Talkspace is a clinical quality led telebehavioral healthcare company, focused on making quality behavioral health accessible and affordable to millions in need. Its signature psychotherapy and psychiatry product connects individual users with a network of thousands of licensed mental health providers through an easy-to-use and HIPAA-compliant web and mobile platform. With Talkspace, users can send their dedicated providers unlimited text, video, picture and audio messages from anywhere, at any time. Talkspace also provides psychiatry services and prescription fulfillment, adolescent therapy and couples counseling.
Our focus to help people feel better starts at Talkspace, where we connect and collaborate as a team to make the world a better place. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every qualification, if you believe you could make a great addition to this team. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.