Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
What We’re Looking For:
The VP of Finance will oversee, build and lead a team to bring operational rigor to finance, while supporting and refining Rhino’s overall strategic planning to drive opportunities for the growth of Rhino’s businesses. The position will manage the accounting, corporate finance, FP&A, and strategic finance functions. As a member of the Leadership Team, the VP of Finance will report to the CEO and work closely and productively with executive management to influence, refine and implement strategy. The ideal candidate will have worked in a successful high growth company and can bring those experiences to Rhino as we continue to define the future of renting. We currently have a remote-forward, hybrid work policy. There is not mandatory return to the office, however, this role will require travel to our NYC HQ on a frequent basis.
- Assume a leadership position leading accounting, corporate finance, FP&A, and strategic finance
- Partner and work collaboratively as a trusted advisor with the Executive Team, Senior Leadership Team, and Board of Directors on strategic initiatives, budgeting, reporting, and operational models
- Drive proactive capital planning and be responsible for driving equity, debt and risk capital transactions and support M&A efforts with insightful analysis and due diligence
- Build and maintain a financial plan that aligns with the company's plan for growth and expansion
- Provide financial and operational metrics and analytics to stakeholders including investors, the Board of Directors, employees and senior management, and support proactive relations with all
- Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organization – running goals, budgets, and forecasts
- Drive preparation and presentation of monthly financial budget reports to department leads, including monthly P&L, cash flow, and forecast vs. budget
- Identify and recruit talented professionals to join your team; oversee, direct, and organize the work of a high-performing finance team, ensuring staff receive appropriate training, career development and performance management
- Work closely with reinsurance, risk and underwriting teams on strategic initiatives, reinsurance, risk financing, and capital efficiency
- 15+ years of finance experience with 5+ years hands-on experience in a financial management and operations function in fast growing company
- Managed and scaled high-performing finance teams
- Insurance agency or carrier finance and accounting background not required, though a plus
- Experience in a thriving finance department at a late-stage private company; experience with transitioning from private to public company a plus
- Experience managing a company’s investment portfolio, building a corporate treasury function, a plus
- Proven ability to recruit and manage talented individuals to join your team
- Ability to interact with and influence people at all levels of an organization
- Excellent analytical skills for budgeting/forecasting combined with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to present complex information in a usable format to a diverse audience
- Experience establishing and implementing and adhering to process improvement initiatives within a high growth environment
- Shown ability to lead and motivate teams: achieving organizational focus on key priorities, providing clear direction, delegating, actively communicating and coaching/mentoring
- A resourceful, scrappy self-starter, self-motivated colleague that takes ownership and accountability to deliver results
- Organized and able to efficiently prioritize, multi-task, and adapt in a fast-paced, often changing environment
- Competitive Total Rewards and 401(k)
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Hybrid Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Twic, Mental and Physical Wellness), L&D Stipend and additional WFH stipend
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
- ...and more!
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.