VP of Finance
Role and Responsibilities:
- As a member of Transfix’s leadership team, work with executive peers and board members to develop strategies around long-term financial and business sustainability and success.
- Oversee finance, accounting, budget management, tax and compliance
- Lead all aspects of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting. Work closely with the executive team to plan for key revenue and cost drivers.
- Manage cashflow and oversee accounting operations such as account receivables, payables, payroll.
- Develop accounting systems, reporting and policies to ensure accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop the financial reporting infrastructure to enable strategic decisions, ongoing analysis and performance tracking for the executive team/company.
- Partner with legal and client development on contractual terms.
- Help lead fundraising and debt financing efforts, working closely with the executive team. Manage ongoing relationships with lending/financial institutions.
- Build and lead a world-class finance and accounting team.
- Prepare and present financials to the company, board members and key stakeholders.
- Manage tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- 10-15 plus years overseeing all aspects of finance and accounting.
- A track record of creating and executing a sustainable financial strategy while partnering with operational and sales teams. Experience scaling an operation from inception to at least $200 million in annual revenue.
- Significant experience setting strategy for and managing treasury/cash management functions in a B2B or similar atmosphere.
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- An enormous appetite for detail and precision, and ability to roll up your sleeves to do the dirty work.
- A self-starting attitude. You work independently and effectively, with little oversight or management.
- Experience with financings, M&A, investor relations.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. CPA and/or CMA preferred but not required.
- Experience working in a fast-growing start-up environment strongly preferred.
- Ability to think both strategically and drive fast-paced execution.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Inspirational and collaborative cross-functional leader.
- Highly resourceful and innovative.
- Passionate about finance best practices and continuous learning.
- Strong communicator across all level, both internally and externally.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.