VP of Finance
Candid™ is helping people get the smiles they always wanted at prices they can afford. By simplifying the process (direct-to-consumer) and reducing costs (by up to 65% less), we can help more people feel confident and healthy. We believe that high quality dental care should be affordable and accessible to all, and we're using modern software practices to diagnose, treat, and monitor orthodontic cases. Our team is a group of startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, Squarespace, WeWork, Blue Apron, and Clover Health.
We're looking for an experienced executive to lead and manage the finance function at Candid™. The VP of Finance will have functional responsibility for all finance and accounting operations, including oversight of accounting, financial reporting, treasury management, financial analysis and the budgeting process. In addition, the VP of Finance will partner with other senior executives to enhance and better integrate Finance, HR, Engineering and executive functions. You will report directly to Sam Levine (co-founder) in the NYC Headquarters.
What You’ll Do
- Build and manage the company’s finance and accounting function
- Create a culture of collaboration and high performance by recruiting, developing, and inspiring talented finance professionals
- Partner with Candid’s Controller to implement financial controls and reporting infrastructure to ensure the delivery of timely and accurate financial reports
- Identify and implement systems, processes, policies and controls to ensure scalable and secure financial operations
- Manage the treasury function and ensure company maintains sufficient liquidity
- Oversee budgeting cycles, including the development of budgets and subsequent variance analyses to drive accountability throughout the organization
- Conduct financial analyses and provide strategic recommendations on operational and financial initiatives
- Manage investor relations, including crafting board communications and fundraising materials as well as independently interacting with current and prospective investors.
- Oversee all matters related to taxes, financial compliance, and the audit process
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years of overall financial experience
- 7+ years of mid to senior level positions in fast-growing technology companies, responsible for financial planning, analysis and accounting
- Demonstrated track record of successfully building and scaling a finance organization from the ground up, including hiring, systems and controls
- Proficiency in modern finance and accounting software and platforms
- Ability to challenge the executive team and Board of Directors on key strategic and operational decisions
- Track record of driving business insights, actions, and accountability across organizations
- In-depth operational focus with a demonstrated ability to promote use of financial metrics and scorecards as well as a track record of standardizing data and processes across functions
- Comfort working and communicating with all levels of the organization, including board members, senior executives and business partners
- BS or MBA degree; CPA is added benefit
Pay & Perks
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to work - across the street from 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, W trains, and around the block from the F and M
- Commuter benefits
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
We continuously strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additionally, this organization participates in E-Verify.