VP of Finance at SEVENROOMS
SevenRooms is looking for a VP of Finance to oversee and execute the company's financial operations. Reporting to the CEO, the right candidate will bring best practices and solid hands-on skills in strategic planning and analysis, accounting operations, and financial management, but most importantly, will take an active role in supporting the daily growth of our company. We are looking for a leader who is comfortable in a scaling startup environment and will work with our leadership team to drive results.What You'll Do
- Lead financial planning and analysis to provide strategic decision support to company leadership
- Manage budgeting and planning, forecasting, financial modeling, and reporting; own the financial model and rebuild it as necessary
- Oversee the company’s accounting function, including revenue management, payables, A/R and collections, costing, asset management, and taxes
- Lead communication and reporting to the Board of Directors and Investors regarding the company’s financial performance and operations
- Direct annual budget creation and re-forecasting activities throughout the year
- Own standard financial statements, including balance sheet, P&L, and statement of cash flows, including preparation for board meetings
- Oversee and recommend efficient use and implementation of accounting and billing systems and controls
- Support corporate finance activities, including venture capital fundraising
- Be a key promoter of using data to drive decisions; support and enable reporting, distribution of data, and analysis of key business metrics
- Manage relationships with company’s accounting, finance, banking, and insurance vendors; assist with managing relationships with IT, PEO, and facilities management as needed
- Hire and develop a high-performance Finance team
- Partner with external auditors on financial audits and SOX/internal controls review
- Support the company’s international expansion
We’re looking for a creative candidate with excellent communication skills and the ability to roll up their sleeves and join a fast moving, collaborative team.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in financial planning and analysis; ideal candidate will also have experience in accounting
- Working knowledge of SaaS company financial metrics, with experience in the field
- Experience leading a rapidly scaling startup or technology organization through different stages of company lifecycle (early stage, Series A, Series B, growth stage, IPO/acquisition etc.)
- Ability to represent the company’s financial operations to the Board and address Board questions as they arise
- Background in corporate finance, venture-backed startups, M&A, or other high-growth, entrepreneurial environments
- Experience and proficiency in SaaS accounting & billing systems (e.g. Quickbooks, Intacct, NetSuite, Zuora, Recurly, etc.)
- MBA, CFA and/or CPA strongly preferred
- Competitive salaries and flexible work life balance
- Equity share in a growing business
- Unlimited Vacation. We trust you to take the time you need to be your most productive self.
- A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, and pre-tax commuter benefits, gym reimbursements, and unique memberships through One Medical and Perkspot
- A fun, vibrant office environment in Chelsea with a smart and passionate team doing incredible things to disrupt the tech and hospitality space. Plus we're dog-friendly (woof!).
We believe that when insight and instinct combine, people and businesses thrive.
At SevenRooms, we're on a mission to help hospitality operators own direct relationships with their guests, building stronger businesses through personalized service and marketing. Our clients are some of the largest, most reputable restaurant, nightlife, hotel and concierge brands in the world. We provide these companies with mission-critical tools to run their business and manage millions of visits at their properties.
A career at SevenRooms means you'll be working alongside incredibly talented professionals with a passion for hospitality. We believe deeply in the power of meaningful connections, and it shows in the products we build and the people we hire.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.