VP of Finance at Sealed
Who are we?
At Sealed, we’re unlocking comfort, value, and efficiency in aging homes—and transforming energy, finance, and home improvement along the way.
With Sealed, it’s easy and affordable to solve the problems that make houses too hot, too cold, and too wasteful. In partnership with energy utilities and certified contractors, Sealed finances key home improvements using the money homeowners currently waste on energy.
Homes are renewed from the inside out—all without increasing homeowners’ monthly bills. Upgrades like HVAC, insulation, air sealing, and smart home technology transform the way a home feels and functions. Sealed coordinates projects from beginning to end, and we stand behind our work. If we don’t reduce a home’s energy use, we don’t get paid.
Sealed is backed by a $5 billion global investment firm and has major partnerships with large utility companies like Con Edison.
Based in New York City, Sealed was founded by Lauren Salz (CEO, Forbes 30 under 30, former McKinsey) and Andy Frank (President, energy efficiency veteran).
Learn more at sealed.com.
What will you do?
As VP of Finance, you will:
- Build, lead and manage the finance function - role will be both tactical and strategic to start, so needs to be a self-performer willing to roll up his/her sleeves
- Functional responsibility for all finance and accounting operations, including oversight of accounting and financial reporting, ownership of financial analysis and the budgeting process, and management of billing operations
- Manage relationship with project finance partners and develop new ones
- Work closely with company leaders to develop financial forecasts and operational goals, apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making
- Establish, lead and execute budgeting cycles, including the development of budgets and subsequent variance analyses to drive accountability throughout the organization
- Conduct financial analyses and provide strategic recommendations on operational and financial initiatives
- Manage investor relations, including crafting board communications and fundraising materials as well as independently interacting with current and prospective investors.
- Report directly to the CEO and be a thought-partner on all strategic matters
- 8+ years finance experience exhibiting continuous advancement into more senior roles, IB or PE/VC in structured finance and/or corporate finance/FP&A at early-stage startup a plus
- Demonstrated track record of successfully building and scaling a finance organization from the ground up, including hiring, systems and controls
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP and management accounting, SPV accounting a plus
- Elite Excel skills and experience building dynamic financial models
- Excellent communications skills - both written and verbal
- Experience leading or actively participating in debt and/or equity financing processes
- Experience with Xero and more advanced accounting software such as Netsuite
- Nice to have - CPA, CFA or MBA from top-tier school
- Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, stock options, health benefits