VP, Financial Planning & Analysis at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Reporting to the SVP, FP&A (Cor Dev, Rev Ops, FP&A), the Vice President, Financial Planning and Analysis will be responsible for leading the FP&A team for The Trade Desk and serving as a valued partner to all Trade Desk leaders. The VP, FP&A will lead a growing team of individuals responsible for providing timely and accurate forecasts, reporting, analytics, and recommendations to drive The Trade Desk’s continued growth. Successful candidates for this leadership role are innovative, bias toward action, communicate exceptionally, balance getting the details right with moving fast, focus on wise resource allocation, and serve as inspirational leaders to their teams and partners.
Lead financial planning processes that focus on value creation and aligning resources with strategic priorities, including:
- Developing the annual operating plan
- Overseeing FP&A’s collaboration with functional partners on the monthly, quarterly, and annual close
- Owning financial flashes, analyses, and rolling forecasts
- Conducting operational analyses that drive performance and decision-making
- Leading the long-term strategic planning process
- Coordinate with leaders across the organization to set deadlines, design templates, and maintain integrity of reporting requirements for the broader finance organization’s deliverables
- Identify and implement state-of-the-art systems and processes to facilitate transparency, consolidation, and “best in class” business and financial planning processes
- Actively engage with business partners to thoroughly understand their evolving needs and partner with them to find ongoing optimal business solutions
- Develop a comprehensive, strategic view of The Trade Desk’s financial results and performance across regions and products to drive strategic decision-making, growth objectives, strategic planning and capital prioritization
- Identify key metrics to support hiring, scale and profitability goals
- Prepare quarterly and monthly reporting packages for presentation to executive management and the Board of Directors
- Build a sustainable, high-performing FP&A function and the team, systems, and processes to support it
- Demonstrated track record of influencing major decisions through reasoned analysis and good judgment about people and business issues
- Experience managing team of 15+ geographically dispersed professionals, including managers and individual contributors
- Experience leading, motivating, and developing a team of high performing finance professionals
- Lead by example, possess a strong work ethic, embrace collaboration, results-driven leadership, and have a strong passion for finance and operations
- Attract and recruit top talent, develop the team, delegate effectively, and celebrate diversity
- Ability to be flexible, agile and resilient as we adapt quickly in a rapid-paced executive level environment.
- Disposed to pay superb attention to detail while constantly focusing on the big picture
- Possessing outstanding analytical skills with ability to synthesize information, develop insights, and communicate effectively with executive audiences
- Collaborative and proactive individual with a track record of approaching management with original views on how to improve the business using data driven analysis
- 15+ years of progressive professional experience demonstrating increasing responsibility, scope, and leadership in FP&A senior leadership roles, with demonstrated success leading all FP&A functions, ideally in a global technology company
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA and/or CFA strongly preferred.
The Trade Desk will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.