VP of Financial Planning and Analysis at Northspyre
Northspyre is looking for a VP of Financial Planning and Analysis to join our fast-growing, venture-backed start-up team. This is an opportunity to empower customers in an old-school industry (real estate) with new technologies that can transform the way they manage projects.
Northspyre a cloud-based software solution for modern real estate owners, developers and their representatives. We automate tedious tasks to give a productivity boost to real estate professionals while aggregating and analyzing data, so real estate owners and builders can make smarter, faster decisions.
We are a small, collaborative, and diverse team of real estate, technology and business professionals who know how to roll-up our sleeves and get things done. Come join us!
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a self-starter that is driven, strategic, and professional to help power the growth of Northspyre. You would be working across functional team with sales, sales operations, marketing, and finance/ops.
Responsible for overall finances and planning for Northspyre including
- Financial projections and scenario analyses
- Headcount and staffing planning as needed to meet financial projections in coordination with people management team
- Monitor and maintain cashflow levels and serve as early warning lead to ensure safe and responsible cash management in line with overall company objectives
- Coordinate with sales operations regarding sales funnel metrics from individual sales team members so you can monitor and project on a weekly basis from top of funnel sales metrics to eventual revenue numbers and then use this information to inform adjustments to strategy and headcount planning 3 to 12 months out to ensure we always hit our revenue targets.
- Oversee accounts receivable and accounts payable team along with general accounting needs.
- Be thought and strategy partner to CEO, Head of Sales, and Head of Customer Success and Account Management.
- Coordinate with CEO to manage reporting to investors esp. as it relates to financials and major strategic decisions.
- This role reports directly to the CEO.
- FP&A experience esp. at a SaaS company desirable
- Bachelors degree required; masters is bonus (esp. MBA from a top 10 program)
- 7-12 years work experience
- Strong mastery of Excel and ability to build, review and get financial models.
- At least 2-3 years of experience managing direct reports.
- Bonus for someone who has also had operational execution or project management experience in full-time roles in the past in addition to finance and/or strategy roles.
- Must be resilient and capable during showing emotional stability and leadership during good and difficult times. This is a company leadership role.
- Strong command of Excel and cashflow modeling
This is a fast paced, intense and challenging role with limitless potential. It is very fulfilling but expect it to be a growth experience that stretches you. You will likely work 10-12 hours per day to accomplish your objectives.