Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. That’s why so many companies choose OwnBackup, the #1 cloud data protection platform on the Salesforce AppExchange and global leader in SaaS data protection. With nearly 4,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised nearly $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
OwnBackup is seeking a VP, Global Tax to manage all aspects of our international and domestic tax requirements. The VP, Global Tax will manage all planning related to OwnBackup’s domestic and international activities, including identification of issues, helping to execute strategies and drive the implementation of solutions.
This individual will be responsible for overseeing and managing the Global Tax function and all internal and external relationships relating to Tax, globally. In addition, the successful candidate should be a hands-on Tax professional that will lead the development and implementation of global tax planning strategies, tax compliance, tax audits, financial reporting for tax, and special projects.
• Develop and implement tax planning strategies to reduce tax expense, eliminate tax exposures, minimize audit deficiencies, and maintain a competitive effective tax rate
• Lead the continual strategic review of the company’s international tax structure and transfer pricing policies. Develop tax planning strategies to maintain, and refresh as necessary, the global tax structure in alignment with changes in the business model and global tax policy updates.
• Provide active support in the company’s strategic decision-making, due diligence, and integration for mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, restructurings, and other business transactions to ensure that senior management’s planning takes into account all relevant tax considerations
• Maintain an understanding of the company’s global business developments, investments, activities and business strategies, and advise senior management on the various tax planning strategies to enhance shareholder value
• Collaborate with a broad range of internal stakeholders, including executive management, financial reporting, accounting, treasury, and legal
• Maximize tax loss carry-forwards, bonus depreciation, tax credits and other tax minimization strategies
• Assume expertise for new and emerging tax issues, both domestically and internationally
• Build a team of tax professionals by managing deliverables, setting expectations, providing ongoing performance feedback, creating opportunities and developing goals
• Drive transformation of the tax function to scale for growth, which includes people development, process improvement and implementation, and effective use of data and technology.
• Provide direction and oversight for direct and indirect tax compliance, accounting for income taxes, transfer pricing, and planning
• Maintain ownership of tax internal controls and update as business developments dictate, ensuring compliance with Sarbanes Oxley
• Supervise and collaborate with outside tax advisors on various projects
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Tax, Accounting or Finance
• C.P.A. or J.D. required
• 15+ years of progressive corporate tax experience
• Experience with legal tax structures for corporations and partnerships
• 5+ years of progressive experience within a complex, SEC registrant company or commensurate progressive experience with SEC registrant clients for the tax division of an accounting firm
• Proven ability to effectively lead
• Must demonstrate a conceptual and business oriented approach to communicating taxes and tax planning, and be able to effectively communicate with and influence non-tax business leaders
• Strong aptitude for identifying and implementing process improvements, including the use of new tax technology and automation tools
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with great attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to lead projects and manage critical timelines
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Poised, adaptable and comfortable with change
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, and a 401(k) savings plan. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
New employees also have the opportunity to attend our award-winning new hire bootcamp, which customizes the onboarding experience by role, provides new employees with invaluable hands-on training within their first few weeks at the company, and gives employees the chance to meet their new colleagues in-person.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
A Bit About Us
Have a look at our website and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and has experienced 100% year-over-year growth, establishing early market dominance in a Salesforce ecosystem that includes over 150,000 customers. And while we’ve experienced tremendous growth providing backup and recovery solutions for Salesforce customers, we are now offering our world-class data protection solution across other clouds, like Microsoft Dynamics 365. At OwnBackup, our vision is to empower customers to own and protect their data on any cloud platform.