VP, Internal Audit at OnDeck
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
Reporting to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, The VP, Head of Internal Audit at OnDeck will lead the company’s internal audit function. This role is a leadership position at OnDeck, the first of its kind as the company pursues a bank charter, reporting to the Chairman of the Audit Committee with administrative accountability to the Chief Financial Officer.
As the VP, Internal Audit at OnDeck, you will:
- Develop the vision, strategy and related tactics for the Internal Audit team, aligning with the company’s strategy and mission and external requirements.
- Lead the Internal Audit function to a “best in class” function in our industry, and manage IA’s relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Direct comprehensive audit activities, and a significant portion of the audit annual plan, in accordance with standards, policies and regulations
- Deliver audit reports and remediation monitoring to executive management, regulators, OnDeck’s Board of Directors and sub committees, developing trend analyses and thematic reporting.
- Escalate significant issues and corrective actions, and coordinate the assessment and mitigation of emerging risks and issues with leaders
- Develop approaches to promote knowledge sharing and management best practices across IA, Finance, and the company as a whole.
- Ensure delivery of regulatory and internal audit issue validation, and that IA meets/exceeds regulator’s requirements and expectations
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding the Company, its customers and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Take responsibility and accountability of audit's coverage and reporting on common high risks areas such KYC, AML, Fraud, Technology, and other enforcement action compliance.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- At least 15 years of progressive functional and leadership experience in Internal Audit, in banking and financial services.
- Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) preferred
- Experience building and leading audit teams.
- Demonstrated advanced competencies in building strong connections and relationships within and outside your immediate team
- Proven communicator, able to partner effective with all levels of the organization, including advising and influencing the Executive Team, external auditors, and regulators.
- Change Agent; successfully able to influence the company to change, manage yourself and others through change, and demonstrate empathy in a culture of perpetual change management.
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree a plus
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. and a leading online lender in Canada serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by approximately 100,000 small businesses by providing them with financing to help them meet the unique opportunities and challenges of owning a business. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $12 billion in business financing. Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve success on their terms.
At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC’s 100 Best Places to Work, 2019
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, 2019
- Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
- FinTech Breakthrough Award – Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
- Lending Tree’s Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- US News & World Report, “Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018” – Best for Term Loans
- Washington Post Top Places to Work, 2019
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- TalentDesk’s Best Large Companies for Computer Science Jobs in Arlington, Virginia: #1, 2019
- TalentDesk’s Best Companies for Customer Service Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
- TalentDesk’s Best Companies for Quality Assurance Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**