Group Nine is currently seeking an Associate who will be a key member of the Finance Team and will be responsible for assisting leadership in various strategic planning activities. This role will report to the Manager, Corporate Development & Strategic Planning and will have exposure to the CFO, Brand Presidents and other members of the Senior Management.
- Develop, own and manage forecast for companywide P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow
- Develop and maintain the company’s integrated three statement models
- Forecast all P&L and balance sheet accounts, which include but are not limited to Revenue, COGS, S&M, G&A; Assets, liabilities, working capital, debt, equity.
- Assist in all treasury activities such as developing the company’s cash management strategy and advising optimal working capital levels
- Can identify key performance drivers, and align financial forecasts with the broader corporate strategy
- Support long-range planning, annual budgeting, and monthly financial forecasting through financial modeling
- Assist in all business and corporate development activities such as in Product launches, Pricing, JVs, M&A, Fundraising, and Divestitures, through quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Develop presentation materials for internal and external stakeholders
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting or related required
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in financial modeling and/or relevant analytical roles.
- Ideal candidate will have working knowledge of the Media sector and background in corporate finance via investment banking, private equity, venture capital, and/or management consulting
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of accounting concepts and is an expert in Microsoft Excel and other office suites (Strong knowledge of Macros and VBA is a plus)
- Highly personable, friendly and has the ability to forge relationships across the company
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented, pro-active and able to manage multiple projects to deadlines with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and with senior business leaders
- Independent thinker, motivated self-starter, and positive attitude
- Can operate in an extremely fast-growing organization with quickly shifting priorities and can adapt to changing, demanding, fast-paced environment
- Team player with curiosity and drive; collaboration is key
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals & activism (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion video views every month while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.