HR Business Partner
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
Reporting into the VP of People, you are an internal business partner, delivering comprehensive HR programs, initiatives and solutions to our Field Operations group in support of key business strategies. As a key member of the HR team, you are responsible for providing strategic and tactical human resources support to an organization of 200+ employees distributed across 8 locations nationally.
- Provides counsel to management and employees on various human resources matters including employee relations, performance management, employment law compliance, policy interpretation, compensation and benefits, and recruitment support.
- Partners with management to diagnose organizational design, development or training needs of the organization and make the most appropriate tool or resource available to meet the business needs.
- Partners closely with the management of assigned groups in structuring and developing their respective teams to maximize performance and employee engagement.
- Coaches Managers on talent and succession management and how best to motivate and challenge all members of their teams, (from high performers to underperformers) to ensure employee performance, engagement, and accountability.
- Assists with developing and maintaining communications programs that successfully impart the company’s mission, values, culture, and objectives.
- Support union, nonunion, management and staff in the specified departments and field locations and ensure HR compliance from both a legal and company policy perspective.
- In partnership with in-house counsel, negotiate collective bargaining agreements.
- Facilitate leadership development and key talent retention efforts e.g., performance management, coaching/counseling/corrective actions, employee recognition, and rewards, talent review, etc.
- Is seen as the knowledge expert for our employee handbook and all collective bargaining agreements company-wide.
- Provide secondary support for other business units & HR Business Partners as needed
What We Expect:
- 5-10 years HR exp supporting high growth companies with 250+ people
- Minimum travel (10%) to Chicago, Philadelphia, Long Island City, & other locations
- Proven ability to partner with and influence senior management on HR issues related to your client population and coaching managers on best practices.
- Ability to evaluate organizations, identify themes and work with leaders in order to identify HR solutions in order for them to increase effectiveness.
- Strong employee relations and organizational development experience.
- Excellent team orientation experience in a multi location/distributed organization.
- Strong process orientation, analytical and planning abilities with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is strongly preferred.
- Experience with unions and employee relations in a union environment is preferred.
- Applicable knowledge of state and local laws.
- BA/BS degree required, master’s degree in human resources or business administration preferred.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.