Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $35 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
The Total Rewards team at Better is responsible for all tools, processes, and operations related to the company’s compensation, benefits, and wellness offerings to our employees. Our role is to design, implement and assess programs and processes that help attract, motivate, and retain the highest caliber employees to support Better’s business goals and overarching mission. We are a group that encourages teamwork, communication, creativity, and a heightened, real-time sense of what our employees both need and value in Total Rewards programs.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven and resourceful Associate to support our constantly evolving Total Rewards organization. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with the health and wellness marketplace and working knowledge of benefits programs to support and enable employees. Project management skills will be critical for this role, and the candidate should have experience in and an affinity for working within a hyper-growth, continuously evolving organization.
This Associate will support initiatives to monitor and improve benefits programs, aligning with the organization's strategic objectives and complying with current state by state regulations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Partner cross-functionally and with Manager of Total Rewards on the development and implementation of new benefit programs, including but not limited to traditional health benefits, retirement plans, wellness initiatives and financial wellbeing
- Monitor current traditional benefit programs and plan design/contribution strategy
- Support ongoing operations of company specific programs and perks
- Execute a vendor management strategy and aligns partnerships with defined employee needs
- Develop calculations and tracking of ROI of new programs and partners
- Assist with budget management and contract approval processes in coordination with Finance & Procurement
- 2+ years of experience in Benefits or a related function in Human Resources
- Minimum of 1 year working in a project management environment
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field such as Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or Human Resources. Equivalent military experience.
- Comfortable with navigating uncertainty
- Takes initiative with little to no direction and consults with leader as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as a desire to provide excellent client service to a variety of internal partners
- High personal integrity and ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to multitask and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Critical attention to detail and note-taking skills
- Familiarity with US healthcare system and corporate benefits program strategy
- Proficiency with Google Workspace and MS Office applications
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Better.com is committed to paying NYC HQ salary bands, for all employees, regardless of where they are located and does not adjust salaries based on cost of living location. Our total rewards package consists of base salary, yearly cash bonus, equity and benefits. Additional employment-related benefits include:
- A $500 stipend to set up the WFH office of your dreams
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits—including medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust holistic wellbeing offerings where you can experience unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after only 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.